Master Wellness Volunteers 2017
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 1 Question 1: Programs of Interest on the Texas A&M Agrilife Extension Website

Go down

Week 1 Question 1: Programs of Interest on the Texas A&M Agrilife Extension Website Empty Week 1 Question 1: Programs of Interest on the Texas A&M Agrilife Extension Website

Post by KamilahH Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:28 am

Good morning,

After re-visiting the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service website, I would say that the specific programs that caught my interest the most would be within the Urban Horticulture category. During my graduate studies in sociology focusing on diet, nutrition, ecology and built environment, I often found that there was a distinct disconnect between people and the space that they inhabit. There was a glaring lack of knowledge about local plants, ecosystems, and waterways which while interesting to study was slightly concerning considering their importance to our ability to thrive within the spaces that the reside in. This also caused for me to take a closer look at my own level of awareness which is where I first encountered the information on Master Gardeners. It was a pleasant surprise to see the resources available to educate and support this topic here in Denton County.

KamilahH

Back to top Go down