Master Wellness Volunteers 2017
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nancy Wilson Second half of Question 2

2 posters

Go down

Nancy Wilson Second half of Question 2 Empty Nancy Wilson Second half of Question 2

Post by Nancy Wilson Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:06 pm

One difference I noticed was that the Kansas site had information about health insurance which I didn't find on the Texas site--that was interesting.
The differences in the way information was arranged I think might make a difference in what people look for or what they find on the sites--unless they use the search function.

One thing I saw on the Texas site but not on Kansas was the concept of a healthy workplace. I don't remember if this was under that tab or another, but I was never before aware of the number of agricultural disabilities that occur. Info regarding life in an office was familiar, but I had never thought about life on the farm as dangerous.

I really liked the little booklet on the Texas site that helps families keep track of their health records--shots, etc. I need one of those myself!

I'm a native Texan.........

Nancy Wilson

Back to top Go down

Nancy Wilson Second half of Question 2 Empty Re: Nancy Wilson Second half of Question 2

Post by Admin Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:48 am

Very interesting! Within the last year or so, AgriLife Extension has started a new health insurance program that has been adopted through Maryland Extension - Smart Choice. It's a great program and was really helpful in teaching participants the ins and outs of selecting a health plan and knowing your benefits. This program was being piloted last year but with the changes in the Affordable Healthcare Act, I'm not sure where this is headed. I'll check on this and try to report back. This could be a great program for MWV to get trained in so that they can offer the program in their communities. Let us know if you're interested. - Courtney
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://masterwellness2017.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down